"Stand in the place where you live" - challenge

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DBE Regular Member • Posts: 333
"Stand in the place where you live" - challenge

I was interested in reading the comments under the new Sigma 24mm gallery about the lack of quality in the featured photos, with one of the most widely upvoted responses criticizing those who commented as mostly "keyboard warriors".

Let's try and avoid that charge.  I propose that we find something  in our home town or city that on first glance is rather ordinary and boring, but which with a little thought and creativity can become more interesting and dramatic.  Upload both images in reply.

I have the privilege of living for several months out of the year in Greenock, Scotland, where there is no shortage of wonderful old buildings and Victorian monuments.  One is the Lyle Fountain in Cathcart Square, donated by a prominent businessman in 1879.  Here's what you might expect from a 'tourist snap' or a guide book photo.

Here's a different perspective taken on the same day and time ...

Looking forward to seeing any replies ...

DBE's gear list:DBE's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic S Pro 70-200mm F4 OIS Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DBE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow