Oct in Moab & Sedona

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AugieViking Regular Member • Posts: 188
Oct in Moab & Sedona

Hi All,

Trip planed for mid Oct to Moab, Monument Valley and Sedona. Have photo guides for Arches/Canyonlands and Sedona. Thinking of seeing Needles overlook, Newspaper Wall and Valley of the Gods ( maybe Gooseneck State Park) on the way to MV. I had planned to do the Natural Bridge Monument but decided the Moki Dugway road was more than the I wanted to try at 79. Hence the more direct from Moab to MV..

Have had to cancel this trip twice for surgery and Covid reasons. The Navajo guide I had hired before, no longer does MV. His interesting comment was that MV has had such little rain that the outer reaches of MV has so much soft sand, that they cannot go into these areas, We have been there before and really enjoyed a guide who took us off the main road.

After all of this intro, my questions to this great forum are:

!. I am missing something on the road from Moab to MV. (i.e. Needles center vs overlook)

2. Is it worth trying to find a guide for MV? (anyone else have intel on MV)

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

AugieViking's gear list:AugieViking's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 20mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow