Sigma lens not autofocus with nikon body.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marius_dd New Member • Posts: 7
Sigma lens not autofocus with nikon body.

Unsure if this exact topic has been discussed earlier*

Hello!

I recently bought the Sigma APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM (Nikon variant) which I was planning to have as an upgrade from my previous gear. Togheter with that lens, I was also planning (and still am) to upgrade my nikon camera body. As of now I am using the D5600 body, which I have been very happy with and it has worked great for my purposes. Until this purchase I have only used smaller Nikkor lenses such as the 55-200mm with my camera. However, when trying out the Sigma lense with this camera body (Nikon D5600) in encountered that the Autofocus were not working at all. When I set the focus mode (on the lens) to AF mode, it kept on jumping between Autofocus and Manual focus as there were barely a onnection between the two parts. (Seen on the camera body screen). At first I thought it might be something with my settings, but it was not. After som research I read that this is a problem located at Nikon's own autofocus connection point/the autofocus motor in the camera. After a lot of troubleshooting I have come to the conclution that this is very likely to be my issue. As of now my plan is to swap out my nikon camera body earlier than I had in mind, however I wanted to be sure that when I now invest in a new body, I choose a "compatible" one with that lense mentioned. I do as of now have my eyes on the Nikon D7200 body, since it has this AF-motor built in, as well as most of the fuctions I am looking for in a camera. It also fits the buget i have set for myself with this upgrade.

My question is therefor, buying the D7200, will it fix the autofocus problem, is the lens' autofocus compatible and working with the Nikon D7200?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Nikon D5600 Nikon D7200 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow