Couple of customization questions regarding the R6

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SamAndMaxPhoto Junior Member • Posts: 29
Couple of customization questions regarding the R6

Hey everyone!

I've been using a Sony A7III for the past couple of years and I've been thinking about switching to Canon, starting with the R6. I had the pleasure of testing one today but there's a couple of things I haven't managed to do or customize to my liking, so I'd like to know if I just missed something or if it's just not possible. I also haven't been able to try RF lenses, it was an old Tamron lens on an adapter so I might not have had access to all the bells and whistles.

There's four main things I'd like to know, all of those in photo mode only, I don't use video mode:

• Regarding focus peaking, is there a way to show focus peaking without switching the lens to MF mode? Ideally I'd like to have focus peaking tied to a button and have it turn on/off regardless of what AF/MF mode I'm in.
  • Still with focus peaking, if I put the lens in MF mode and focus peaking enabled it works, but when I use the magnified view focus peaking disappeared. Anyway to have both focus magnifier and focus peaking at the same time?
  • Is there anyway to add or remove options to the Q menu? There's a couple of settings that I'd like to have available in a quicker way than putting it in the custom menu.
  • With an RF lens, can I set it up so that magnified view shows up as soon as I turn the focus ring? And optionally choose the starting magnify factor?

Cheers,

Max

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow