Post production, editing courses for beginner

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
swifts212 New Member • Posts: 3
Post production, editing courses for beginner

Hi to all,

I am not sure if my question sounds correct but I am looking for an online post-production/editing photos course. Not the one, that promises extraordinaire skills after 2 hours or incredible abilities after a 15-minute video on YouTube.

I've done those courses and I've gained some skills in using all those tools in Capture One, Lightroom, and Photoshop. None of them has shown or explained why I have to use this particular tool. What I mean is that they show how to dehaze or add contrast but they do not explain why it has to be done, where to stop, why to decrease or increase the slider, or how to combine tools. They show how to get a stunning edit out of flat photos and see WHAT they are doing, but I don't understand WHY they are doing this, not that. They do not teach the logic.

They say this photo is too cool for summer so you should use White Balance to make it warmer but they do not teach how to see and read what I see.

I do not want to become a professional photographer or designer therefore I do not want to go to school for years, I have a full-time job. I just want to be able to learn this art and be able to educate myself even after by watching, and what is more important, understanding additional tutorials.

Thank you

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow