Olympus EP7... a hidden gem (and a small review)?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,818
Olympus EP7... a hidden gem (and a small review)?

Having had a GAS attack some months ago, I bought a used silver EP7 in a good price and shape. I didn't need it, I still don't need it and there is a possibility I will sell it in a few months (not really exceeding my 1" camera), BUT...

- the camera is really beautiful

- IQ is currently the best you can find in m43 (one of the latest 20MP sensors)

- is small. light and compact to carry with you and bonds well with the Oly 17/1.8 and 25/1.8 (probably also with the 50/1.8)

- has a very effective IBIS

- works great for selfies (with the 17mm lens or wider)

I would say from the m43 cameras, it may be one of the best for street, friends, parties/gatherings, even landscapes when combined with the right lens. Personally I carry it with me for street and friends gatherings in low light.

Here are some from the latest street/out night. Photos are mainly from a night walk at Herodes Atticus street. You can read more about the ancient Odeon and the street here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odeon_of_Herodes_Atticus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herodou_Attikou_Street

staring the Odeon of Herodes Atticus

One of the old houses in Herodes Atticus street

Herodes Atticus street is one of the "must walk" streets in Athens

and is a street around the Acropolis so you have constant view of the monument

At the entrance of the new Acropolis Museum

loved the mirroring effect of the ceiling...

Is it better than the RX100VI I also use for same purpose? In general no, I would say the RX100 is more complete, having a much more flexible lens, an EVF, better CAF and also being smaller and lighter. However for someone dedicated to m43 or Olympus, the EP7 is a great small backup!

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Olympus PEN E-P7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow