Consistent Photo Editing Style - How to?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jdominh New Member • Posts: 17
Consistent Photo Editing Style - How to?

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a consistent Photo editing style across a wide range of photos and I'm getting OK results so far but nothing spectacular like Chris and Becky for instance (https://instagram.com/beckiandchris?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=).

What I'm doing so far is normalizing exposure and white balance across the set of images (I like to use it as a creative tool though unfortunately but end up just using it for color correcting) then I mix Curves, HSL, Split Toning for the color grading. I try to selectively pick colors i want to saturate/desaturate + lighten/darken + move the hues to 2-3 max main colors per photo but somehow I can't get to that pinnacle level of consistency and my photos end up being "similar" but without that wow cohesive factor. I'm wondering if it would help if I only shot certain scenes with certain colors/hues as well... Also wondering if that level of color accuracy is mainly accessible through Photoshop precise editing or can LR/C1 achieve the same results just with color correction+presets

If you guys mastered consistent color editing I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow