A1 is final straw! Completely switched to Sony

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
flbdig Senior Member • Posts: 1,514
A1 is final straw! Completely switched to Sony

I don't post a lot during wedding season, but I'm excited about Sony!

I have stated before that when I got the Tamron 35-150mm f2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Christmas, I didn't own Any Sony gear. I was a L-Mount FF shooter and I enjoyed that gear.

But after using the Tamron 35-150mm f2-2.8 and experiencing the Continuous AF of Sony I have completely switched to Sony.

I purchased a Sony a1 last week and now I have all Sony gear. I only shoot stills but I liked the idea of the stacked sensor of the a9 combined with the 50meg sensor.

Since December I have purchased:

Bodies - a9, a7r4, a7R3, a1, one battery grip. Every body was used in Like New Condition which saved me some money.

Lenses - Tamron 35-150mm f2-2.8, Sony 50mm F1.2 GM, Sony 12-24mm f2.8 GM, Sony 20mm f1.8 G, 7Artisans 10mm F2.8 Ultra-Wide Fisheye, Samyang 135mm f1.8 af Sony. The 12-24mm was the only lens I got used but I get it like new and saved over $700.

Godox V1 flashes for Sony.

I shoot weddings and portraits and this has been the Best gear that I have used in my career, which is weird since I had given up on Sony Mirrorless after being an a900 and that Era of Sony gear.

Each of the lenses that I own are incredible engineering achievements. And that's not blowing smoke. They all are sharp, create beautiful IQ and color and are super fast to focus. The Samyang 135mm f1.8 is really amazing, crazy sharp and a great value for $780.

Seems like every manufacturer is making great gear these days but the current collection of tools I have now allow me to create whatever I need for my clients and personal use.

Glad my wife got me the Tamron 35-150mm for Christmas, since it forced me to give Sony another shot. I don't see any more switches for the next decade! Happy shooting to you all.

Samyang 135mm

-- hide signature --

https://www.1cor1313.com/
1cor1313_photography - Instagram
1Co 13:13 But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is LOVE!!!

flbdig's gear list:flbdig's gear list
Sony a1 Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +6 more
Nikon Coolpix A900 Sony a1 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow