Shooting Tethered with Capture One

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TonyGN10 Contributing Member • Posts: 565
Re: Shooting Tethered with Capture One

itsKalan wrote:

Wow, after troubleshooting again with random USB-C cables, I found a 4ft long cable that appears to allow tethered shooting with the X-T4 and X-S10. I'm at a loss for words because in general at the studio I use those expensive TetherTools cables.
GMacF and TonyGN10, would you two mind sharing what cables you use to shoot tethered?
And in general, is there a new type of protocol that I should be looking for in USB C Cables? I'm not really sure what makes the generic short cable that I just tried on a whim special. I still find it odd that the X-H1 and GFX 50R will work with any cable. But maybe it's a speed thing?

I use a TetherTools TetherPro USB-C to USB-C 15ft (4.6m) CUC15-ORG - ridiculously expensive at £55 (when I bought it in the UK in November 2021). In for a penny, in for a pound, I also bought a TetherTools JerkStopper Tethering Camera Support for £17.

But at least this cable works, unlike the cheap, no-name one I got on Amazon!!! And it's cheaper than changing camera systems!

TonyGN10's gear list:TonyGN10's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 33mm F1.4 R LM WR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow