Canon RP issues...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gedansky Regular Member • Posts: 283
Canon RP issues...

A few weeks ago, I started having an issue where my EVF would not wake up right away once I turned my camera on.  It would not respond when I brought the camera up to my eye.   Initially, it went from an instantaneous response, to taking 10 to 15 seconds to respond initially, then it was fine after that.  But, if I turned the camera off, it was random as to how quickly it would respond once I turned it back on. 
It has gotten worse and worse, with me having to try everything from unseating and reseating the lens to resetting the camera back to factory specs. Today I even tried restoring the firmware.

Today I had issues with the camera turning on when the switch was off, and turning off when it was on (several times).  
What gives? 
Has anyone else gone through this?  
Is there a home fix or is this $85 to Canon to evaluate plus easily $400 to $600 worth of repair? 
Is it worth having a local camera shop do the work instead, if they can?  
I don't want to junk the camera. I also don't want to invest more than half the cost of a new one into repairing it so I can have no more than a 90 day warranty on the repair work.  A year and a half is TOO small a lifespan for even a used Canon product (purchased for $729, 5/26/21)

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow