Learning to use RAW files

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 39,591
Capture One Express

Texas hobbyist wrote:

The initial capture one page I went to was indeed a trial version for the pro version. However I did a search for capture one free version for Sony Rx10 and was taken to a different page on Capture One for the download. I’m just now checking it out but I guess in 30 days I’ll know for sure.

Did you have to create an account and then get a licence number emailed to you?

If not then you have a 30 day trial maybe.

If I remember rightly back some years, when I went to the Sony Express page and tried the download button it asked me to create an account and it all worked from there. https://www.captureone.com/en/capture-one-express/sony and got this just now....

I guess I could create a second account using another one of my email addresses and get a second free licence so I could run two copies of Express on separate computers.

As it is now I can simply "deactivate" on one computer and "activate" on the next and so on.

Logging into your account allows you to see what you have installed and activated.

Hmmm, just now I tried to open C1 Express on this third computer and it forced me into an activation process to give my account login then the licence number and then it activated on this 3rd computer and also told me I was running an older version so here's the latest update to download. That must have auto deactivated the other computer in this triangle of three.

Anyway use Help - About to get the window that tells of the version you have installed...

Looking in my Capture One account the activation history confuses me as it seems to promote the latest activation to be Computer 1 and pushes the other two to 2 and 3....

It seems that once I have the free Express licence number I can have C1 installed on any number of computers, but when I try to open the program on one it will either work immediately if it was the last one activated, otherwise it will do what happened to me now, and force me to log in to authenticate me and then ask me to provide the licence number again, thus activating this computer and auto deactivating the last one that was activated.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow