I'm considering returning my EF-M 22mm f/2 lens....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jayson A Forum Member • Posts: 64
I'm considering returning my EF-M 22mm f/2 lens....

I bought this lens based on all the rave reviews for it. It's sharp, works great in low light, bright f/2 aperture, compact etc...

The EF-M 22mm is a great little lens, don't get me wrong. I just don't think I can use it properly. Almost all of my photography is handheld and I just can't get a sharp image handheld with this thing. Almost every photo I take has some handshake blur in it. Also, I tend to take a lot of landscape photos so f/2 doesn't really work that well since a lot of the scene will be blurred.

I set my M50 MK II to use aperture priority with auto ISO and it wants to give me the lowest ISO possible (great), but it's choosing shutter speeds of 1/60, 1/80... but even shutter speeds of 1/125 are giving me shaky photos.

With my kit lens, sure I get more grain, but at least the IS keeps my photos nice and sharp.

What's the point in having a fast wide-ish angle lens if you have to use a tripod to get sharp pictures from it? I'd much rather have a slightly softer image overall than an image with motion blur.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow