Lost my x-t3 - is the x-t30 an ok replacement?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SamaraD New Member • Posts: 6
Lost my x-t3 - is the x-t30 an ok replacement?

Hi everyone,

So I tragically lost my x-t3. Left it at the beach, by the time I realised what was up the tide had come in and the spot was underwater. Then I had to get a boat back home. So I assume I'm never going to see it again.

Ummm... I'm going to need to replace it, and am wondering if I can get away with the x-t30 instead, as it's a fair bit cheaper. Or even an older x-t2...??

Can I ask you all for some advice?

My main use is landscape photography, landscape video, documentation of artworks, and very occaisionally recordings of music performances. I don't really shoot people, nor street. Often the camera is an adjunct to my main gig, which is environmental field recording (audio), and is important for documentation of this work.

Generally I liked the ergonomics of the x-t3 (it felt great in my hands), but as I do a lot of very remote work I did find it slightly bulky/cumbersome.

The main things that are important to me:

- electronic viewfinder. The x-t3 was quite luxurious, I think I can live with a smaller one...

- IQ for stills shooting all manual

- AF for when I'm walking around / in a hurry

- Video quality, but I only really need HD, 4k is a bit overkill for me

- Battery life (being able to use my spares for x-t3 a bonus

- Compactness - as small as possible!

Things that are not important to me:

- Portraits are not a priority

- Single card slot is not a deal breaker

- I can't remember the last time I used a flash

- Film simulation is cute, but not that big a deal either, and generally I actually kind of prefer solid quality and fewer features on all the gear I buy

And lastly, I guess I'm a bit worried about the x-t30 not being weather sealed, how risky is this for someone who hikes a lot and moves through varied terrain etc etc etc?

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-T30 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow