Canon printers : omission of PC, PM, LGY inks - impact on photo print quality

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,698
Canon printers : omission of PC, PM, LGY inks - impact on photo print quality

So I'm looking at an IP8720 (again) and possibly the Pro 200 (to replace my Pro 100 which died a week ago basically).

The major difference I can see (aside from volume in the cartridges themselves) is that the IP7820 lacks 3 of the 8 inks the Pro 200 has: being PC, PM, and LGY.

If I'm printing on glossy or a luster-type paper, is this going to be a big issue.

In terms of cost of the printers, the Pro 200 is 2x as much as the IP8720, which is why I'm considering it (I don't print a ton, but enough where it easier to just print at home -- and the prints I'll be doing are for personal use, not professional or for sale -- just to hang around the house and office). Not really doing much B&W, which I think the Pro 200 has an advantage at.

Is this going to be an issue?

(I contemplated getting a refurbished Pro 100 from Canon for $299 but they are sold out currently.)

-- hide signature --

NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread/article..

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +10 more
Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow