Best low light "walk around" prime lenses for Sony APS-C

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Per J Eriksson New Member • Posts: 3
Best low light "walk around" prime lenses for Sony APS-C

Hi everyone,

I would like to replace my old Sony 35mm f1.8 OSS as I feel it's not very sharp and quite outdated. I don't really use it for anything.

I mainly use my Sony A6600 for travel, and my main go-to lenses for daylight photography are the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 and, for when I need a bit more reach, the Sony 18-135mm.

I also have the Sigma 16mm f1.4 which of course is great but quite wide.

So the question is, what lenses to consider when taking photos in low light situations, like walking around in some city or something?

I have been thinking about the Sigma 30mm f1.4, but it also seems a bit dated in terms of corner sharpness and with not that great AF.

The Samyang 24mm and 35mm f1.8 full frame lenses also seem pretty nice in terms of size/weight, sharpness on APS-C and price. Anyone here using any of these lenses on APS-C and can share their experiences?

What else could be with considering? I don't want anything huge. It should preferably be under 300g, max 400g.

Thanks

Sigma 18-50mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow