Best for video: Canon 80D vs 77D???

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Daniil_Travels New Member • Posts: 1
Best for video: Canon 80D vs 77D???

I got a 2nd hand Canon Eos 80D days ago and was wondering if it was better for video than my 77D that I also got recently.

I know the 80D shots in All-I, but the 77D has a newer processor (Digic 7 in 77D vs Digic 6 in 80D) which also improves image quality. This was noticeable when I upgraded from my 700D to the 77D. The 700D had quite unsharp and very grainy video in some parts, even with ISO 100. The video in 77d is much Sharper and cleaner.

The question is: is the 80D better for video in terms of Image Quality?

I don't want to put other specs and factors in game, like the weather sealing in the 80D or the Digital Stabilizer in the 77D (which was quite useful in some moments even if it's not optical).

Just want to know what camera is better for video or if the quality would be similar. And if I should shot All-I 25fps with the 80D or IPB 50fps 60mbps with the 77D and then change the framerate down to 25fps in Premiere. (I noticed a little bit of difference between IPB 30mpbs 25fps and 60mpbs 50fps so that could also be an option).

I'm probably using both, but I need to know which camera should I use as primary. I will be staying with the 77D because of the Digital IS or a M100 for the same reason (I'm also deciding between those two, but that's for another question).

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow