Filter recommendations for Fujinon GF lenses?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Manzur Fahim
Manzur Fahim Veteran Member • Posts: 3,833
Re: Filter recommendations for Fujinon GF lenses?

Painter19 wrote:

Hello again, I’ve gotten so much helpful info here recently I’m hoping to hear the thoughts of others on filters for the Fujinon gf 32-64mm f4, and gf 100-200mm lenses I have to use with my Fujifilm 50s II .

I had in mind UV filters for each lens to use as lens protectors . I’m also thinking about a ND filter or 2 or 3? for each lens, and perhaps a polarizer? I don’t know if a filter holder that I could use on both lenses, or separate sets of screw-in filters for each lens would be best? I’m also wondering if the front lens caps for each lens will fit over screw-in filters like the UV filter?

Aside from those questions I’d appreciate any recommendations as to specific brands, or model #’s of filters . Thanks for any thoughts. I’ll just add I’ll be shooting landscape mostly . A good amount of that will be in the desert, lots of skies, some surf on occasion, some shooting in snow, etc..

I only use UV filters as sort of a protector filter. My choice of brand is B+W. Their MRC Nano Master series is quite good, and also very easy to clean because of the coatings they use.

I have some Tiffen and Hoya filters too, and I cannot say the same about them. It is surprising how good one filter can be from another when it comes to cleaning.

Manzur Fahim's gear list:Manzur Fahim's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Sigma DP2 Merrill +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow