Learning to use RAW files

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 17,441
Re: Learning to use RAW files

Texas hobbyist wrote:

Oh, sorry! I have Topaz Studio with Re-mask, Sharpen AI, De-noise and gigapixel and yes I use the Sony RX10 M4. Thank you for the assistance.

Are those the old, discontinued versions of the Topaz apps that worked with Studio, or the current versions?  I only have the latter and would advise against using them on raw files — the features are non-existent, and the results poor. I use DxO PhotoLab on all images, plus Sharpen AI, DeNoise AI or Gigapixel AI on a very small minority of images.

For example, with a low light ISO6400 image, I might first process using DxO DeepPRIME at a high setting, followed by DeNoise AI to give a final polish. But very images are noisy enough to need such extreme NR. For pictures taken from moving trains or planrs, Sharpen AI helps a lot. But I would not use it as a raw processor.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow