D6 Charger Malfunction ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MoreCowbell Contributing Member • Posts: 509
D6 Charger Malfunction ?

Both chamber lights and the 50% Charge light flash alternately with the Calibration Light.

Occurs with both the OEM battery and a Wasabi battery.

That sort of flashing does not occur with either battery in a Wasabi Charger.

I don't recall this sort of flashing pattern with my old D5 charger or D3x charger.  Thought it was just the Chamber Light and the Charge percentage light and they flashed together.

With NO battery inserted, the right hand Chamber Light and the Calibrate Light flash alternately.

Pretty sure I didn't press the Calibrate button accidentally.

Link to video of flashing on Dropbox.I'm PRETTY SURE that if you don't already have Dropbox installed it's going to show a popup wanting you to establish an account and if you cancel out of that it just shows you the video anyway.

No offense taken if you don't like to follow links supplied on Internet forums by anonymous and generally disreputable old men

And regarding RTFM , Nikon only says it's an error message if it's just the Chamber Lights flashing off and on in sequence.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D3X Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow