Recent Versions of Topaz Software crashing with AMD Cards

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fullerms Regular Member • Posts: 151
Recent Versions of Topaz Software crashing with AMD Cards

Hi all,

I have been using Topaz Denoise and Gigapixel on a all AMD PC from November 2020, and then started having problems since April 2022. Hardware spec was initially AMD 2600X, 16GB RAM and a RX580-8GB GPU, and OS is Windows 10. I upgraded to a Ryzen 5900X in November 2021, and everything else remains the same.

With Denoise, the software crashes to desktop; and Gigapixel either crashes or exports a random part of the image. (see attached images)

Raised support requests in April, and I have been testing one beta version after the other since then with the same results. Tried a fresh installation of Windows 10, latest drivers (both WHQL and Optional) and still no improvement.

Not sure what has changed, but this is really frustrating. My GPU is due for an upgrade and I would like to check if other forum members have faced similar issues with AMD GPUs and photo processing software? I can get an AMD 6900XT for about $999 AUD, and a NVIDIA 3080 12GB is about $400 AUD more expensive. ( I use the PC for gaming too, so a 6900XT / 3080-12GB is what I want)

Would like to get some feedback from others before spending the extra money on an NVIDIA GPU.

Gigapixel Cropped Area

Gigapixel Exported image

Gigapixel Cropped Area

Gigapixel Exported image

fullerms's gear list:fullerms's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow