R5 VS R7 for Sports

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DominickDam211 Junior Member • Posts: 43
R5 VS R7 for Sports

Oh boy here we go…😂

Anyway, fellow photographers I am looking for a camera to supplement and eventually replace my Panasonic LUMIX FZ300.  Being someone who doesn’t have the luxury of being able to buy multiple camera bodies I’d like to choose one that will be the best for the workload I am going to be doing.

80% of what I do it sports. Football, Basketball, Baseball,track and field, I can go on and on. Everything else might be a few landscapes, cars, and I might get into portraits in the future.

The reason I made this thread is to hear others thoughts and recommendations on what I should do. I have seen in another thread people going debating over wether the R5 or R7 is superior for sports. I have gathered from that thread , that the R7s autofocus system is slightly different form the R5s. The R7 being similar to the R3s. There is a slight disconnect on how the R5s AF system is different from the R7s AF system. If someone can please explain it that would be super helpful.

I would also like to hear from owners of each camera if possible, hearing what they think about shooting sports on their respective bodies. Ultimately I’m trying to make a commitment to the camera that will serve me best.

if you have any questions please feel free to ask

-D

DominickDam211's gear list:DominickDam211's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow