Sony RX10 IV + Raynox DCR-250

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FrancescoPhotos Forum Member • Posts: 69
Sony RX10 IV + Raynox DCR-250

Today I finally got the step down rings, and went out to try the setup RX10 + Raynox in the wild.

S**t it is more difficult than I thought!

First of all thanks for the tips of Manoj C Sindagi (prev thread: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4663504#forum-post-66371142): the focal length of ~100mm equiv. seems actually the best and using the built-in flash allows for much better results.

That said I still find it very difficult to use.

For me currently the main problem is focus: even at 100mm the magnification is so big that a change of position in the order of some millimetres can get the subject out of focus, and sometimes even out of frame.

There are 3 problems that contributes to this: the essential tremor of the body, the movement of the subject (most often an insect) and wind.

Today it was a bit windy, and I had to take so many shots in order to just get an handful sharp from an insect that was on a (constantly moving) leaf.

Any suggestion here?

I'm also not totally sure on the focal distance with the zoom and the Raynox: the more I zoom the more should I get closer or far away from the subject for it to be sharp?

Any feedback (also on the pics) is welcome

SOME FRESH SAMPLES:

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow