New Gear/ Starting Fresh.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KashOverseas Forum Member • Posts: 85
New Gear/ Starting Fresh.

Hi everyone!

I haven’t posted in a while but due to some unfortunate events (violent robbery with a knife) all my camera gear and lenses were stolen.  Things stolen include:

XT3, 100-400mm, 1.4 TC, 16-80mm, peak designs bag and straps etc.  All were less than 2 years old.

THANKFULLY I have insurance and fingers crossed with receipts everything will get reimbursed.  As you can see with my gear - and previous posts I am mainly into wildlife photography and predominantly birds.

With the reimbursement and some additional money I should have a total budget of approximately £5000 ($6000).  
I know this is a Fuji forum but would be good to get a sense of what people recommend.  I am due to go to Costa Rica for a birding holiday in October/November time.

To be honest I am considering either the XH2S and the XHSR (mainly because with the added MP I like to crop as the birds tend to be tiny).  Or going even more radical and changing system because well the robber took everything!

I do value AF because even though Morris and others do well - I found getting BIF with the 100-400 and TC not the quickest and I got a lot of misses.  
Views please taking into consideration my budget! 
Thanks all!

KashOverseas's gear list:KashOverseas's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow