RESULTS *** Mini Challenge 678 *** Street Art

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ontarian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,475
RESULTS *** Mini Challenge 678 *** Street Art

Well my gave me extra computer time today for good behaviour, so managed to get through my difficult chore of selecting HM's and Winners from such an incredible assortment of exhibits and entries.

Here goes:

Honourable Mentions from the Exhibits:

Bill's Paducah series.  What a great way to turn a bland and graffiti prone wall into a beautiful and informative piece of art.  So glad you photographed it Bill.

Val's tank murals; this one plus the Panda.  Very talented artist that  turned a typical eyesore into a show place.

Kit's Quebec city mural gave us a peek inside of a 1700's lodging.  Someone had a great vision and executed it very well.

KB's colourful mural of a sailor returning from WWII.  Very nice.

Ab's Leipzig kitty.  Not the typical soccer mascot perhaps, but certainly looks purrfectly good to me.

Reto's photo of an historic duplex.  The other neighbour needs to get in the game.

Jerry's birds.  Very impressive style.

I could go on and on, but I know you are interested in the finally, so without further adieu, my judging of the entries:

Honourable MentionS:

Jerry's silos.  Excellent portraits.

Ed's bronze garden wall.  Had to expand my initial concept of street art to include such a wonderful piece of metal work

A Tie for Third Place:

Ulrich's walking man and lady on the French balcony.  Your guess if they meet.

Bill's public service message.  Definitely makes me want to explore what's ahead.

Second Place:

Kit's wonderful photo of a women.  It's a massive and wonderful piece of art which I'm sure stops many in their tracks to look and admire it.

First Place:

Drum roll please..............

Mike's set depicting New Orleans jazz.  I can just imagine gazing at them and being in awe of the artistry.  Very well photographed and selected Mike.  The next MC is yours to host.

Thank you everyone for so many great submissions.  It was a pleasure to host.....Don

Ontarian's gear list:Ontarian's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow