z6ii evf settings?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camelguy Regular Member • Posts: 359
z6ii evf settings?

I've been shooting with the z6ii for a few months now, and while I love the camera overall, I'm still put off by the EVF, for a few reasons. One of those reasons is that while sometimes the exposure rendition that I see in the EVF matches the way the final image is exposed, many times it does not. Often, what I see in the EVF is substantially brighter or dimmer than the image captured. I thought one of the big selling points of an EVF is that it's supposed to accurately depict exposure levels, but I'm finding this is often not the case. Is it possible that there's some setting that I need to enable or disable in order to get greater exposure accuracy from the EVF? Or is this just the way it is?  Thanks for any ideas.

Without getting into my other gripes about the EVF here, I'd say that if it wasn't for the disappointing EVF experience, I'd order another z6ii today. As it is, I'm waiting for the next body, hoping for improvements in that area.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow