HX99 drains its battery while off overnight

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JoeTX New Member • Posts: 7
HX99 drains its battery while off overnight

I just bought a new HX99 and like pretty much everything about it except the abysmal battery life. I'll shoot during the day with a fully charged battery and the battery indicator still shows almost full at the end of the day. The next day the battery is nearly dead. I've tried different batteries with the same results. I've turned off BT and Wifi and the camera is manually turned off. The only thing that has helped is to remove the battery when not in use and put it back in when needed. This is totally unacceptable for carrying a compact camera around to catch that picture of a lifetime.

I've searched these forums and read several threads about battery life but didn't see anything specifically about the HX99. Is this a known problem with a known fix?

I'm within the return window and can send it back but I really like everything else about the camera but if this battery issue can't be resolved it's going back.

TIA

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow