OM-1 150-400 Pro with 1.25x plus 1.4x TC at 240 fps video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Lynch Senior Member • Posts: 2,945
OM-1 150-400 Pro with 1.25x plus 1.4x TC at 240 fps video

One of the most useful features to me of the Great White is its close focusing distance, especially with the 1.25x internal converter engaged plus an external Oly 1.4x attached.  One of the new features of the OM-1 is 240 fps, although it is available only in 1080p and with manual everything.

Here is a 2 minute video showing what is possible with the shooter using a monopod and a stool, close to a pond, with this setup.  At times, the wind made manual focus difficult, but I hit it often enough to be of interest at least to the grand kids.  Netflix is out.  Depth of field is very small, even at f11-f22 with the long, long lens at 700 mm.

The manual focus ring is nearly perfect for this application, in my opinion, but holding the setup steady using a monopod is definitely the biggest challenge, plus stopping and starting the recording for exposure adjustments as the light changes on a partly cloudy day.  But it is all worth the effort if your interest is nearby small subjects.

Joe Lynch's gear list:Joe Lynch's gear list
Sony a1 OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow