EF-M 28mm macro vs EF-S 60 macro

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jim mij Regular Member • Posts: 471
EF-M 28mm macro vs EF-S 60 macro

hi,

Does anyone have both?, do you use them interchangeably or select one for specific tasks ?

I have the s60 but and my biggest issue is probably lighting / diffusion, so I'm intrigued by the capabilities of the m28 with its inbuilt lights.

I assume its IS and much smaller size comes in handy too

I looked at the samples provided in the EF-M 28mm macro - Post your PHOTOS!  thread but few talk about the experience of using the lens, many are using it as  general purpose travel lens whereas I'm more interested in its macro capabilities. Its also a rather quiet thread which suggests its not an overly used lens (or perhaps your using the macro forum instead)

So from a macro point how useful are the lights ?, do you use this with or without flash for best results ? do the find the IS useful for handheld macro ?

A couple of recent examples of what I'm taking at the moment with the s60, would the m28 just be similar or offer improvements ?

Thanks

Jim

jim mij's gear list:jim mij's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Nikon Coolpix S60
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow