Very Early beta access to Topaz Photo AI:Autopilot if you own DeNoise+Sharpen+Gigapixel

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SpartanWarrior
SpartanWarrior Veteran Member • Posts: 3,198
Re: Very Early beta access to Topaz Photo AI:Autopilot if you own DeNoise+Sharpen+Gigapixel

plugsnpixels wrote:

I've been using Topaz apps since about 2008 and also beta test for them. I must admit that when Photo AI was first announced, I was skeptical and feared for the future of the standalones. However, as each version of Photo AI progressed I have become more impressed – especially when the quality of any individual setting approaches or matches that of the standalones. And they're obviously not nearly done developing it yet.
I have found Gigapixel the most useful of the Topaz apps (I have almost 50 years of "quality-challenged" images in my stash) since it reduces noise, sharpens and enlarges.
Photo AI includes the new facial enhancement from Gigapixel (which is fantastic if you restore old family photos, for instance), so it's a winner shaping up nicely.
These are some treatments I did yesterday with Photo Ai on a 35mm slide scan (shot in Germany in 1985) and a 2004 4-megapixel digital portrait.

Looks great, But do you use it manually or let auto take care of everything? seems like auto will just use denoise or 1 item.

SpartanWarrior's gear list:SpartanWarrior's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z9 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow