Lightroom: Show all photos taken in July

Started Aug 13, 2022 | Questions thread
OP Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 22,995
Thank you!

PMUK wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

I am trying to find an easy way to see all the photos I have taken in July of all years. Of course, I can easily see all the July photos for a particular year using the Library Filter at the top. I can also go through each year and select July for those years too. Very tedious since I have photos from 1934 to today in Lightroom.

The more general question is: Can I show all the photos taken in any year during a particular month? Or even a particular day, such as all photos taken on December 25 of all years?

I also looked at making a Smart Collection, but I cannot find a way to do this using that either.

Hi Henry,

Yes. Select the Catalogue root folder (or the folders you wish to filter) in the browser panel, enable the Metadata Filter and in the first field change 'Date' to 'Month' and select the month(s) you're interested in, then change the next field to 'Day' and select the day(s).

(Hold down the 'Command' key to pick more than one folder/ month/ day).

Phil

Thank you!  I feel like a dunce.  I see now that I can select Date, Month, or Day.  In the past it seems to me like there was only Date, but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.  Certainly there is Month and Day there now and it does what I want.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow