I dropped my A1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Poefolk Regular Member • Posts: 202
I dropped my A1

I was laying in bed with my A1...actually I was just going through the menus and scrolling through some shots I had just taken.  I had the A1 beside me and then when when I went to get up, I grabbed it, but as I got up, I dropped it and it fell onto the floor.  In all the years I've owned a camera, I've been extremely careful and never dropped a camera!  Go figure, the most expensive camera I've ever owned was the first camera to hit the ground.

It landed on the hardwood floor next to the bed.  I think it bounced off my laptop, but settled on the hardwood, and the lens hood on my 85 1.8 went flying.  The lens hood threads on the lens itself kind of broke.  The lens hood still attaches though, but you can see where they broke in one area.

So far, my A1 seems to be working normally.  I tested the AF and it seems to work just fine.  Not sure what else to test.  The IBIS works fine too.

I'm so stupid, and hope I didn't damage the camera.  My wife heard the noise and said "what was that?"  Even she couldn't believe I dropped it, and asked, "how much did you pay for that?"

It was a fall of maybe a couple of feet, so hopefully the lens hood threads are the only damage to come of it I hope.

Poefolk's gear list:Poefolk's gear list
Fujifilm XP90 Sony a1 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +3 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow