Q2 on Holidays (NYC) Lots of pictures!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Torontonian Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Q2 on Holidays (NYC) Lots of pictures!

First holiday in a couple of years -wife had never been to NYC, so that's where we went. Of course, NY in Aug. is like a blast furnace -the second day we were there, it went up to 95(f)!

The Q2 performed admirably, and having it on holiday for the first time made me feel as though it was the perfect travel camera! It's a lot more versatile than people realize. Between crop modes, and 'auto image stabilization' it's a formidable device for capturing all kinds of situations!

USS Intrepid. Pier 86, W46th st.:

View from the Intrepid w/the midtown skyline:

From the flight deck, looking down the Hudson:

Ralph Kramden statue at Port Authority.

"I brive a dus..."

'Hot Dogs and Pretzels' 38th and 8th:

Barbara Kruger installation @ The MoMA:

9/11 Memorial:

Wings of The Oculus:

Inside:

Obligatory cliché shot of Grand Central Stn.:

Always steam coming up from below, somewhere:

Base of the Brooklyn Bridge -Manhattan side:

Millions going about their business:

Over all, I felt that the Q2 makes for a fantastic travel companion. I got well over 200 shots on a fully charged battery. And as I mentioned, cropping in camera or while post processing shots adds so much -I never once felt as though I wanted a longer lens-but that, of course, depends upon one's shooting style!

I've had my Q2 since last Nov. so I'm fully acquainted with everything concerning it's functions.

I was so please with the results I was getting that I stopped into B&H, and splurged on a new Leica camera strap!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow