Can you use celebrity portraits that you shot, in a portfolio, without permission?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DCooper Regular Member • Posts: 314
Can you use celebrity portraits that you shot, in a portfolio, without permission?

Hi there,

I would just like to hear your thoughts please.

I have recently just turned pro. I have photographed a few events already. My latest one consisted of a convention which had a number of celebrities and actors from different films and UK TV shows.

Every time I shoot an event, besides delivering the photos to the clients, I also create a small portfolio of images for myself on my website.

This was the first time in any event that I have shot, where I photographed portraits of people, which consisted of some of actors and film crew members.

Is it OK to use some of the portraits that I photographed on my website, solely for my portfolio? Or do I need to ask for permission from the subject, when it comes to publishing my photos of actors and celebrities (or anyone) for my own use, on my website?

Thank you.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow