Artemis I - Launch shoot Cape Canaveral, FL

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vbuhay
vbuhay Veteran Member • Posts: 5,047
Artemis I - Launch shoot Cape Canaveral, FL

I am booked to be in the Orlando Area from Aug. 27th to Sept 6th... The launch window is for Aug. 29th, Sept. 2nd and Sept. 5th..... it is going to be a day launch - 8AM 10 AM....

I would like to have some input from locals who have done this before.

1) What is the closest area you are able to shoot from? Note that My son in law is a NASA engineer and has a project with Artemis II and have just been there last week. He is applying for a special NASA car Pass but not sure if he is able to get the pass until a week before the launch.

2) My current Gear, Z9, 100-400. Z50 + 16-50+ 50-250, D850. D500, Tamron 150-600, Nikon 500 PF. TC 1.4E, TC 2.0E FTZ , FTZ II, Nikon 14-24G

3) Plan to shoot the actual launch which ever day it occurs, will fill in non launch day with wildlife shoot of area (100-200 mile radius) wildlife preserves.... I specially would like to see larger Birds and other wildlife....

All advise and suggestions are welcome.... Thanks in advance!

Suggestions of Possible Long Lens ( 600mm or longer ) Rental Places would be appreciated.

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D4S Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +37 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow