The greatest lens costs $200???

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yerach
yerach Regular Member • Posts: 344
The greatest lens costs $200???

Photography isn't all about specs and product performance, tools must mold with the user to create, and even ergonomics don't sum up the whole.

The 50mm f1.8 is a BAD lens optically when compared to the RF lineup, BUT it is one of, if not THE, greatest RF lens on the market, and considering it's price, I think everyone in the system must have one.

the saying goes: "the best camera is the one that's on you", this sums it all, when I first pulled my R5 out of the box I was amazed and almost disappointed by how small and light this highly capable body was, but only for some moments until I popped on my 28-70mm f2, and it felt camera-like as anything.

But that initial impression got me thinking that this camera can play 2 personalities, the obvious DSLR-like performance orientated persona, and the Leica-like all-day-carry just-because-you-can persona.

I got this lens with just that in mind, I don't mind hauling around a 3kg camera combo, IF I know there'll be what to shoot, if not I would probably just leave the camera at home, and at best pull out my good old G7x just in case, but with this lens, why not take it? this combo can be jammed in a jacket pocket or a small bag, or dangle off a shoulder or wrist strap effortlessly, why leave it at home?

I just got to give this lens a proper use in Old City Safed, and it allowed me to capture moments that would've been missed, at least at this level of glory, if not for it.

If a good lens is defined by results, this may be the best lens I ever bought.

-- hide signature --

canon at hand nikon at heart

yerach's gear list:yerach's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM
Prime lens • Canon RF
Announced: Nov 4, 2020
yerach's score
Average community score
Canon EOS R5 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow