Dark prints from fuji raws, 3 different converters, what am I missing?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Claes Regular Member • Posts: 438
Dark prints from fuji raws, 3 different converters, what am I missing?

Hi, i have not printed anything from my fujis due to an ageing/dying epson r2880, rip.

I bought a new canon imagegraf pro 300, and when I take a raw file and process it through C1, DXO photolab 5 and Darktable, the prints are dark, much darker than the screen.

I posted a thread in the printing forum, and it was sugessted that I print a test page from the web. I did that, and the output is great and matches the screen.

I have only tried one image from my xh1 so far, printed about 10 10x15 cm pics. If I turn the brighteness in the print driver/software up to max, 50, it is still darker than the screen.

The screen is "calibrated" by eye, with the help of the usual test patterns, and since the testfile looks fine both on screen and print, it is cleared of suspicion is my thinking.

Any ideas? At this stage I am thinking that is from camera to converer the problem arises.

I have printed, on the epson, raw processed files from both sony and olympus without any problems.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow