The Leica Energizer Bunny

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,641
The Leica Energizer Bunny

I have a used M (Type 240) that I bought from the Leica store. It came with two OEM batteries that were included in the box, but I have no idea how old they are. I go out every day and try to find something to shoot to satisfy my daily photo fix. I shoot jpegs, usually in color, and probably average a dozen shots each day, before I get home and usually wind up tossing most, if not all of them.

Today, the M reported that the battery was down to 35%. I charged both batteries when I got the kit and quickly verified that both batteries were fully charged and worked properly. I have been using the same battery for approximately six weeks now and it finally dropped down from 40% after a week's worth of use. Compared to my old Fuji and M43 cameras, the M 240 battery life is unbelievable. It it also much better than the battery like with my old M8 and M9, which also seemed to run on a single battery forever.

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
- Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Leica M (Typ 262) Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow