Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
FingerPainter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,503
Re: Caution!

FuzzyDice wrote:

This whole argument falls apart when you start proclaiming the 35 F/1.4 is Fuji’s best lens.

I didn't proclaim any such thing. Go back and read more carefully, What I actually said was:

"Lets look at a sample case, comparing Fujifilm's best? current normal prime with Nikon's worst normal prime: the XF 35mm f/1.4 R vs the Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8S.

I've highlighted a couple things you seem to have missed.

I questioned whether it was actually best, and I was talking about normal primes only. not wide-angle or telephoto primes.

Yes people like that lens for its character, but when it comes to optical sharpness and clarity it is not the best Fuji lens on the market.

The 50 F/2, the 90 F/2, several of the newer variants, crud, even the 23 F/1.4 is a sharper lens than the 35mm.

None of those are normal lenses. On APS-C, a normal prime would be have a focal length between 28mm and 40mm.

If you think there is a sharper Fuji lens in that focal length range, let's look at it.

I agree that the 23mm is sharper than Fuji's normal lenses. Compared to the Nikkor Z 35mm f/1.8 S, it will be almost as sharp, probably close enough for it to be hard to see the difference.

also, on every resolution chart, the Fuji’s compete agains the 24 MP Full frame sensors and do very well.

Examples?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow