2X Teleconverter too soft?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fairfaxian Regular Member • Posts: 366
2X Teleconverter too soft?

Anyone using Sigma (or Canon) 2X teleconverter with Sigma Lenses & Canon R5 Bodies?

I've had surprisingly sharp results with Sigma 1.4X on Canon R5. Seems sharper than my old Canon 1.4X II. I'm primarily using Sigma 500mm f4 on the R5.

Wildlife here is always far away, & I am rarely close enough for full frame shots. Thinking of trying the Sigma 2X converter, but have always been wary of 2X converters as I can't tolerate soft images. Yes, I know everything's a compromise in the camera world.

Would really like to see a Sigma teleconverter that is ALSO an EF to RF lens adaptor!

I''m considering the Sigma 2X over the Canon because the 1.4 seems superior to the Canon (I know Canon has a V3 on that now) and because I like having the converter & lens be same brand, just my personal pref. And of course there's always a cost savings with Sigma over Canon.

Looking for user feedback, especially with the same or similar gear, shooting wildlife/BIF.

Thanks!

Canon EOS R5 Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow