A7R2: Magenta regions which should be white ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kenneth Morris Lee
Kenneth Morris Lee Junior Member • Posts: 37
A7R2: Magenta regions which should be white ?

I noticed in the attached photos that under certain conditions,  raw image files contain magenta regions when the subject is actually pure white. It's most readily discernible next to gradients, like on the columns shown below.

These two samples are sections of photos made at ISO 500 with Silent Shutter, with the camera's white balance set to Auto, anc converted using Adobe Camera Raw. (Viewed with Fast Raw Viewer or converted with DxO Pure Raw2, the same magenta regions are evident.)

I have not been able to return to the subject using a mechanical shutter, but in other daylight testing, I have seen is no appreciable difference between silent and mechanical shutter.

Color noise increases as we raise the ISO, but I wouldn't normally expect something like this at ISO 500... or is that the problem ?

As far as I can tell, this doesn't appear to be a case of color-fringing, since there are plenty of edges in the photo with no magenta edges.

Thanks in advance for your help

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow