Xiaomi 12s ultra in very low light - Stock camera and Gcam

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
albero Regular Member • Posts: 425
Xiaomi 12s ultra in very low light - Stock camera and Gcam

I would like to share some pictures shooted HANDHELD with the main sensor of the Xiaomy 12s ultra in very low light. I am really impressed by the capability of the device but as sais by others I hope in further firmware updates to fully exploit the potential of this cameraphone, because it is huge.

I choose this device because I like the DSLR quality output (organic image look) and the possibility to do handheld lowlight photography. I'm really enthusiast till now.

I like to experiment in photography and this hardware is fantastic giving you a lot of possibilities thanks to a very good sensor/lens hardware and a lot of processing power. This is possible also due to the precious work done by some guys in porting photo apps like Gcam.

Xiaomi 12s ultra in pro mode simulating what my eyes can see

Xiaomi 12s ultra in night mode (Leica authentic)

I think the result in night mode is impressive for the clarity without looking overprocessed and completely washed out like other samples. Unfortunately the preview does not help as with Gcam were you see a bright image like the final output - useful for composition and focus check.

Xiaomi 12s ultra with Gcam (Bigkaka version) in night sight mode

Below I attach a shot done with the experimental app SR Camera (super resolution camera)

see links here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/super-resolution-camera-take-48mp-or-96mp-photos.3934738/

This app increase resolution by combining several shots and averaging them (in this process the noise is also reduced).

Xiaomi 12s ultra with SR Camera (file cropped from 6144x8192 pixels to reduce download time)

If you inspect the last image with the loupe tool you can see the mosquito placed on the border of the left leaf.

All images are OOC except the last one subjected to brigthness increase.

albero's gear list:albero's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow