Zhongyi 50mm f0.95 lens showcase

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lu1Wang
Lu1Wang Senior Member • Posts: 2,200
Zhongyi 50mm f0.95 lens showcase

As a M43 system user, I purchased an a7ii mainly to adapt my vintage 135 lenses. I've always yearned for my friend's Leica Noctilux, but the price was simply out of my league, until Zhongyi showed up as a budget alternative. So far this is my favorite FF lens, and its OOF transition is second to none. Sure it's a bit soft wide open, but it matters very little to me for the subject I'm shooting. This is not a landscape nor wildlife lens to begin with. I even like the flares this lens creates. Here are some assorted shots with this lens over the years:

I use the version 2 of this lens, which is very heavy at 900+gram, and the mount screw became lose after prolonged use. I sent it to Zhongyi and they've managed to replace one for me. They are now at version 3 which is lighter than what I have. Not sure if the optical performance remains the same or not.

Lu1Wang's gear list:Lu1Wang's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow