Bumpy switch from Sony RX10 III to Fuji X-T4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hayenne
hayenne New Member • Posts: 3
Bumpy switch from Sony RX10 III to Fuji X-T4

Hi guys, I would like to share my experience/ask for advice about my gear switch.

I was forced to leave my much loved Sony RX10 III back in Ukraine, so when I saw a chance to buy a used Fuji X-T4 and a couple of lenses (18-55 and 35f2) I jumped on it. I am unsure how I feel about it for the reasons below:

1. The 18-55 lens is weirdly blurry, a la tilt-shift lens, I am attaching a sample image. I am unable to take a single picture I would like with it. There is no optical damage as far as I can see, but when I tried attaching it to a couple of other bodies in a local shop, it gave the lens control error. The seller swears it did not fall and has been cooperative with providing receipts of purchase and generally not disappearing from the radar. The local shop suggested they can send it to Fuji and wait for them to fix it (out of my pocket since it's no longer on warranty)

2. 35 f2 is somewhat noisy, I can hear the ambient whirring sounds all the time as long as it is attached. It seems to work otherwise well.

3. Is the biggest complaint actually - the battery discharges extremely fast. I took a camera for a walk with the 18-55 lens attached (before I realised it was faulty) and it lost 50% of charge over a matter of 1.5 hours and some 30 images. Naturally I switched it off when unused. At first I suspected OIS motor sapping all the energy, but yesterday I used 35f2 and battery lost 20% over some meagre 30 images again. This is nowhere near I expected it to perform.

I am using my Samsung USB-C fast charger (5V 3A) and charge in-camera since I suppose it makes no difference. The camera reports the battery is in excellent shape.

Since I am new to the world of interchangeable lenses and cameras, I admit a significant possibility of my own mistake. Therefore I would like to ask you, what you would suggest to do with the lenses and the battery? I busted my hobby piggy bank here and would have liked to minimize further risk.

Thanks in advance for your attention

hayenne's gear list:hayenne's gear list
Sony RX10 III Fujifilm X-T4
Fujifilm X-T4 Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow