Aperture priority always defaults to F22?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Robmas4229
Robmas4229 Senior Member • Posts: 1,216
Re: Aperture priority always defaults to F22?

meku wrote:

On Fujifilm X-T30ii with any 'R' lens with an Aperture switch, flipping this to Aperture priority always defaults to F22 and doesn't recall the last aperture used.

Same lens on older bodies (such as X-T20) flipping to manual aperture recalls the last setting. For example could set manual at F8 and then flip between auto and F8 all day using the aperture switch on the lens. Even swapping lenses it would still recall the last aperture setting.

Is there any way to bring this behavior back to the X-T30ii, or any workarounds to default to a different aperture for Aperture priority?

I also wonder if this new behavior to always default F22 is on other recent X bodies.

I currently have the 18-55 mounted on my XT30-II.

If I set the aperture to f/8, turn the camera off and back on, the aperture is still F/8. I tried various f-stops with this combo and every time I power the camera back on it comes up with the last setting.

Edit: You may want to remove your lens and reattach, perhaps check/clean the contacts.

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 II Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow