Are Canon colored inks the same across different printer models

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,698
Are Canon colored inks the same across different printer models

So I had to finally retire my Pro100 (print head was bad and not really willing to replace it at this point) so I picked up something a bit less expensive as a replacement (the IP8720, through some recommendations for a more budget-friendly but good quality printer).

My question is about the ink colors.  Both the IP8720 and Pro100 use inks that have the Canon ChromaLife 100+ rating.  Are the ink colors between these two models the same (for the inks that are included, as I understand the IP8720) has 5 inks verus the 8 on the Pro 100 (meaning the IP8720 lacks a few of the colors, but has the rest).

Are the color inks that both have in common, the same between the two (ie. is the Cyan on the Pro100 the same as the Cyan for the IP8720)?

I'm not doing professional printing right now, mostly for personal use.

-- hide signature --

NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread/article..7

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +10 more
Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow