Aperture priority always defaults to F22?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Peter Foiles
Peter Foiles Senior Member • Posts: 2,365
Re: Aperture priority always defaults to F22?

meku wrote:

On Fujifilm X-T30ii with any 'R' lens with an Aperture switch, flipping this to Aperture priority always defaults to F22 and doesn't recall the last aperture used.

The "A" position on an "R" lens does NOT put the camera in aperture priority mode  it just puts control of the aperture to a dial on the body.

Same lens on older bodies (such as X-T20) flipping to manual aperture recalls the last setting.

??? Manual aperture is whatever aperture you have set on any Fuji body that I have ever used.

For example could set manual at F8 and then flip between auto and F8 all day using the aperture switch on the lens. Even swapping lenses it would still recall the last aperture setting.

Is there any way to bring this behavior back to the X-T30ii, or any workarounds to default to a different aperture for Aperture priority?

I also wonder if this new behavior to always default F22 is on other recent X bodies.

The X-T30ii has an "auto" setting. I am not familiar with it but I suspect that if you want it to behave like your X-T20 "auto" needs to be turned off.

Peter Foiles's gear list:Peter Foiles's gear list
Sony a1 Sony a7 IV OM-1 Fujifilm X-H2S Fujifilm X-H2 +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow