Canon r7 and sigma 100 - 400 contemporary compatibility

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TTphoto16 New Member • Posts: 11
Canon r7 and sigma 100 - 400 contemporary compatibility

Having recently retired I decided to do a little wildlife photography in sunny Lancashire. I have an aged but much loved eos 500d coupled with a general purpose sigma 18 - 250 (AF 18-250/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM). After advice I bought the sigma 100 - 400 contemporary and was planning to upgrade to the 90d as I began to appreciate how newer tech may help for fast focussing as the little blighters are never still. Canon then threw a spanner in the works and released the r7 which seems to be going forward a better option. So my 2 question are

1 Does the 100 - 400 work well on the r7 with full functionality around eye tracking in particular. Don’t really want to think about a replacement already and I really like the size for just walking around the countryside hand held

2 Will the aged 18 - 250 work well or will it simply be too old and if so what general purpose lens would people suggest ?

Any help much appreciated. Have read so many threads and reviews am beginning to confuse myself. Please note the word retired so while I would love to splash out on l series lenses etc. the chief financier may veto 😁

TTphoto16's gear list:TTphoto16's gear list
Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow