Basic questions - bit depth, active d lighting, VR, ..

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gorky0210 Forum Member • Posts: 75
Basic questions - bit depth, active d lighting, VR, ..

Good morning everyone

i been getting great useful byte of information Here on my queries especially from contributing and veteran members

I m a Nikon user d7500 with Nikon 80-400 lens

I would like to know some details of bit depth . There are 2 settings of 12 and 14 available in my camera,

I m not sure what to choose and why. I generally shoot in raw and jpeg. Does quality of image also undergo change with this change of bit depth

second what types of image should I choose like auto , standard , vivid for landscape and wildlife or bird in particular

third how good and how best to use cameras retouch/ editing menu

I have already asked about active d lighting, where I got a understanding that camera uses meter system to manage a Contrast scenario and helps preserve the details in dark points,

but I have there is no change in pictures output at all forms of metering whether spot, matrix or partial.

lastly about VR . How exactly it works. Do we put it off on tripod, and put on only in handheld position. And does it help in low shutter speeds

regards

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow