Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
FuzzyDice Contributing Member • Posts: 666
Re: Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

FingerPainter wrote:

JayPhizzt wrote:

Askaman wrote:

Hi guys!

First of all i apologize if i posted in the wrong place, in which case I am asking for an OP to help me move the thread.

Second, I am looking for people who had experience printing images from these 2 cameras or equivalent(like xt4 for example) and here is what i am looking for.

1. Print size should be 1m*1m max(this is a rare one, mostly i am looking at a bit smaller sizes)

2. Print themes are always landscape photography so that requires a bit more detail.

I know about viewing distances and that at the right distance most pictures seem fine but what I am interested is actually(from your experience) at a print this big how close to the print you'd have to stay in order to see a bit of deterioration in the picture

I am trying to decide between the 2 cameras(which prints have more detail) so please don't tell me about the GFX or the Z7 because they are out of my reach:)

Many thanks

Both camera bodies have almost the same resolution so there won't be any difference.

Why do people assume this? That's not the way resolution works. Assuming same lens sharpness (measured in line pairs per mm) , a 24MP FF sensor will produce images approaching 50% sharper than a 24MP APS-C sensor.

Because many of us have used both systems side by side and have found that to not be the case.

Yeah he’s straight up fibbing there.  The tighter the pixels the better the perceived sharpness.  You can look at 4K TVs and 8K TVs next to FHD TVs and see that.

However what might potentially make a difference in this case is X-trans which tends to yield slighty less detailed images compared to bayer. Although I'm not sure if one will notice that much difference when it comes to prints.

Else what lens(es) you use will make a much bigger difference.

Yes lens choice will be an important factor.

FuzzyDice's gear list:FuzzyDice's gear list
Fujifilm X-H2S Fujifilm X-H2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow