Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
TangoMan Senior Member • Posts: 1,885
Re: Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

Askaman wrote:

Thank you so much!

I have been shooting everything with my fuji xt20 for years and that includes prints up to 60*40

However, there is quite a difference between 60*40 and 1*1 meters so i decided to move a bit up:)

You are totally right with false economy and i know that because when i started taking pictures, years ago, i thought i'd do things and buy stuff and ended up realising compromises don't work:)

If you are shooting landscape and going for ultimate quality, it may be worth experimenting with panorama and stitching.

All you would need over your current gear is a stable tripod if you don't have one and some way of pivoting around the nodal point of the lens. Google nodal point if necessary.

You could produce horizontal 40MP images with just two vertical 24MP images stitched together, or 70ish MP images with 4 basic shots. Wall size images are possible that way and with enough pictures to stitch, they will look amazing up close.

Tips:

1. Shoot with a constant manual exposure. Shoot quickly paying attention to clouds and sunlight to avoid variations.

2. Pivot from the nodal point on tripod (to avoid stitching issues)

3. If things can move in the picture, like branches, wait for the absence of wind. (to avoid stitching issues)

4. Overlap sufficiently.

Good luck!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow